You can support the work of Bwindi Community Hospital (BCH) and Uganda Nursing School, Bwindi (UNSB) by giving direct donations, through making online purchases, or by actively fundraising! You can even leave a gift or legacy for REACH Bwindi in your Will. More below….
Our Ugandan colleagues have always been immensely grateful for all forms of support, moral as much as financial. You can give of your time and skills abroad as a volunteer, or through this charity – see below. If you have any further ideas, we would love to hear from you: please contact us.
There are several options! If able, please consider setting up a monthly donation in order to make an even greater impact over time.
Our direct page on the Charities Aid Foundation is here: https://cafdonate.cafonline.org/9930.
Alternatively we have a JustGiving page: https://justgiving.com/reachbwindi
A third method is via Investors in Community who don’t charge user fees and will collect Gift Aid on our behalf.
We occasionally fund raise for specific projects. Previously we have raised money to:
- support community outreach delivering essential care in rural villages
- establish Youth Friendly Services based at the hospital
- provide life-changing eye services.
A little goes a long way!
- Just £10 could cover the cost of two mosquito nets, an antenatal clinic appointment, or public health teaching in a local village.
- £30 can provide four antenatal visits for a pregnant woman
- £50 can provide a community outreach visit to a remote rural area
- £250 can cover an emergency caesarian section and subsequent care
- £500 can pay an enrolled nurse for two months
2) Online Purchases – support REACH Bwindi just at the click of a button!
a/ Give as you Live
When you are going to buy something online, simply visit the Give As You Live page first, choose REACH Bwindi as your charity when you sign up, then start shopping: the rest is done for you!
b/ Ever send someone a card? Sign up and you’ll be Making a Difference!
Every time you buy a physical or electronic card using ‘Making A Difference’, you support REACH Bwindi. It’s that easy!
We have a JustGiving page; please search REACH Bwindi and set up your own campaign or contact us for help. https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising-page/creation/
Get in touch if you have any fundraising ideas or would like to enter a sporting event to raise money for REACH Bwindi. We have had the 100km run ‘Race to the Stones’, a 100 mile Ride London cycle, 2.6 Challenges during lockdown, ‘virtual’ marathons and a number of half- and full-marathons as well as a sponsored ‘Camino’. Choose whatever you would like to do and let us know how we can support you!
4) Leave a Legacy
It’s easy to remember REACH Bwindi in your Will. Guidance can be found online e.g. here. Our registered charity number is 1177950.
5) Volunteer in Bwindi
BCH and UNSB welcome volunteers who share the vision of the organisations and have skills and time to contribute. Visit the hospital website for more information or email the hospital communications team.
The Royal College of General Practitioners in the UK have a partnership with BCH. They aim to recruit a GP and a GP trainee to volunteer at the hospital each August and February for 6 to 12 months. The role combines clinical work with quality improvement work. This is advertised on the RCGP international page. Email the RCGP international team or contact us if you are interested.
6) Volunteer with us!
There are lots of voluntary opportunities within REACH Bwindi and we’re a friendly bunch! Get in touch if you’d be interested in getting involved.
7) Finally, don’t be shy – spread the word about REACH Bwindi and the amazing work it supports in Uganda. Share this page with your friends and family! And you could draw a Ugandan flag or download one to colour in then add #REACH Bwindi, and put it in your window for neighbours to see. Post a picture on our Facebook page!
Thank you for visiting our page!