There are many ways you can support the work of Bwindi Community Hospital (BCH) and Uganda Nursing School, Bwindi (UNSB).
BCH and UNSB welcome volunteers who share the vision of the organisations and have skills and time to contribute. Visit the hospital website for more information or email the hospital communications team.
The Royal College of General Practitioners in the UK have a partnership with BCH. They aim to recruit a GP and a GP trainee to volunteer at the hospital each August for a year. The role combines clinical work with quality improvement work. This is advertised on the RCGP international page throughout the year. Email the RCGP international team and contact us if you are interested.
There are lots of voluntary opportunities within REACH Bwindi. Get in touch if you’d be interested in getting involved.
If you would like to donate money regularly or as a once-off to BCH or UNSB please :
click on this link:Virgin Money Giving , or click the ‘Donate’ button below
OR visit the Charities Aid Foundation,
We can claim GiftAid on your donation if you are a UK taxpayer and it is just as easy (and even more helpful!) to set up a regular donation as a once-off donation. Please contact us if you would like your donation to have a particular focus.
We occasionally fund raise for specific projects. We are currently raising money to:
- develop a community-based Chronic Care service
- establish Youth Friendly Services based at the hospital
- provide life-changing eye services.
- build accommodation, in order to help staff retention.
A little goes a long way!
- Just £10 could cover the cost of two mosquito nets, an antenatal clinic appointment, or public health teaching in a local village.
- £30 can provide four antenatal visits for a pregnant woman
- £50 can provide a community outreach visit to a remote rural area
- £250 can cover an emergency caesarian section and subsequent care
- £500 can pay an enrolled nurse for two months
Get in touch if you have any fundraising ideas or would like to enter a sporting event to raise money for REACH Bwindi. We have had a fundraiser run the 100km Race to the Stones last year and we have a fundraiser cycling the 100 mile Ride London this year.